I Don't Blog

Friday, January 05, 2007

YAY!!!!!

I got the letter P from crankyisgood. She rocks!!!

1)Pirates. I’m thinking perhaps I have not fully understood what I’m supposed to do with my letter. There was something about 10 things. And a letter. Hmm. Maybe I should make them walk the plank…..hey, that’s another P word!!! I feel like I’m on Sesame Street!!! And also, very professional with all the linking and cool HTML like stuff!!

2)Persimmons. They had such potential. But you know what? They have, as far as I can tell, about 3 seconds that they are ripe. Phooey.

3)Patience.

Wait for it.

Good!!!!!

Now you have practiced with me!!

4)Positive reinforcement. Something I wished worked on the puppy. Treats don’t work; he jumps up and doesn’t understand that if he just sat down like Mama is asking him to, and like the big dog is doing, he would get not only the treat but lovins from mama. Sons, however, like the positive reinforcement and sometimes that is as easy as not being obviously embarrassing. Yes, there are times when I purposefully go for the worst mother EVAH award. Whatever.

5)Pounds. Butter comes in pounds. Body weight comes in pounds. Coincidence? I think not.

6)Pop. Yes, I am from Wisconsin, why do you ask? I only like co*e products from a fountain. Don’t know why. The other one, the p*psi one? I don’t believe I have come up with one I don’t like. Oh, wait, vanilla not so much. Love grape pop. Have not found a generic grape pop that is bad. Cheap is good. Gray’s grape? YUM!! Did I mention YUM? Oh!! And Stewart’s key lime!!! And at the bar (where I spend almost no time, but it’s good to have a strategy. Did you know they don’t allow smoking in the bars here and it caused a big stink? I crack me up A-Gain!!!!), if you order a cola with cherry and have them put actual cherries in the glass, it looks like you are a big girl when what you’re really doing is having a kiddie cocktail with caffeine!

No, I don’t actually care if people think I’m grown up or not. But it gives me a teetiny thrill to think that someone might be thinking that I am drinking and, “Gee, doesn’t she hold her liquor well?” (you knitters all knew I had to link to CAP, right? Isn’t that what all good girl-crushing blog-stalkers do?)

7)Potatoes. Don’t care how you spell them; they are quite possibly the bestest thing to eat on earth. And I cannot have them. They cause my lupus to get excited and cause me pain. I quit smoking about 7 years ago and I still to this day have dreams wherein I eat a big ol’ plate of mashed potatoes or a baked potato with cheese and bacon and butter and sour cream (did I forget to mention I’m not supposed to have dairy either???) with a cigarette after. Tomatoes, peppers (of the green-ish family, not the hurt my tongue variety), and eggplant (Yuk—Ptooey) are in the same botanical group. Try to think how to order a tomato-less, dairy-less pizza and then how very yum it would (not) be. I suppose next they’ll tell me I can’t have gluten and then my pizza will be. Um. Well, very inexpensive, I suppose, since I would be foolish to have APizzaPlace deliver a box of air.

And, since I just put that last link in there--if my wording on the actual page does not use their name, do you think I am doing that bad bad blogger thing wherein a blogger will (GASP!) use the name of a product in their own personal musings?

8)Punctual. Nope, don’t even know how to spell it. Wait, I do. But that doesn’t mean I’ll be on time.

9)Possibility. Potential. Lovely lovely words. Everyone has some in them; you can be an angel if you help them light theirs up. Say something nice to a kid. Or a coworker. Look people in the eye and let them know they exist.

10)Prayer. My philosophy, backed up by, well, my own opinion, is that mostly our prayers should be ones of thanks. I find great and wondrous things everywhere every day and I thank God that he has opened my heart to be able to recognize and appreciate them.

Thanks for stopping by. See y’all again sometime. And I suppose I could even have some knitting content one of these days. I’m working on anemoi mittens. Love love them. Love Eunny. If CAP ever, like, gets that restraining order, I think Eunny would be my next girl-crush-blog-stalk victim. Anyway, my anemoi are photo negative of each other and I like them a little adore them immensely and carried the first one around with me for several days after it was finished. It sat on my shoulder and I could pet it with my chin. Am I the only one to do that? How about waking up in the middle of the night to pet the beloved FO on the bedside table because it is so beautiful/soft/unbelievable in some way? Yep. Okay. Sorry. Didn’t mean to throw all the weird in there at once. (HAHAHAHA like that’s all of it!!!!!)

1 Comments:

  • At 1:35 PM, Blogger Daphne said…

    Good work! Now just wait for someone to ask you for a letter. You can put them through an initiation ceremony if you're in the mood...

    You're funny and I do hope you'll post some knitting pictures soon -- I want to see your mirror-image Anemois!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home